Generation 3, Best Design Yet, OUTGROWS ALL OTHERS
This is not the same old design LED UFO that EVERYBODY else is selling.
This is OUR latest design, custom engineered and manufactured to our growing specifications. This unit includes spectrums that ALL others MISS!A little background:
We are the biggest hydroponic/grow light supplier on eBay and we are huge on the internet. In fact, you might have seen us mentioned in any one of the dozens of grow discussions sites as being the best priced, best service, internet supplier out there. We also operate 8 busy retail stores in Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Massachusetts, Florida, Maine, Michigan, and Colorado.
In the past we have sold LED UFO units made by others, (the same ones still being sold by everybody else out there). Some of our customers had decent results, others were mostly disappointed. We realized that the LED light was a big part of the future of indoor growing, and we decided it was about time that somebody produced one that actually worked. We enlisted the help of a PHD Botanist to get to the root of why the previous LED UFO lights were not working so well, and what could be done to improve them.
We discovered many things in the past 18 months in our engineering research:
Plant growth 101:
- Other LED UFO’s provide the wrong spectrum for plant growth, the spectrums are “close” but not a match to those required for maximum photosynthesis.
- Other LED UFO’s were the same item, produced at the same Asian factory, just with different brand names.
- The marketing for these units was vastly different depending on the seller, but most sellers stretched the truth (to say the least) when advertising the results and the spectrums produced.
- The other LED UFO’s use of the wrong spectrums of LED was no accident; it was a cost saving measure. Buying the correct spectrum LED is much more expensive than buying an “off the shelf” LED used for traffic signals.
Plants grow by the process of photosynthesis. Chlorophyll is vital for photosynthesis, which allows plants to obtain energy from light. Plants only absorb certain light spectrums, mostly blue and red, while nearly all others are reflected or otherwise unused by the plant. Light spectrums are measured in nanometers or “nm”. Chlorophyll production is made up of two parts, A and B. Maximum chlorophyll A production occurs at 662nm (for red) and 430nm (for blue), while maximum chlorophyll B production occurs at 642nm (for red) and 453nm (for blue). These are the peak points at which chlorophyll production is maximized, even just a few nm above or below these points will significantly reduce production. Our PHD recommended that we find these exact spectrums to maximize plant growth.
This was the baseline we had to work with. We found out that the standard LED UFO units did not provide these special spectrums. There were however, some slick sellers of these units that promised that the special spectrums were used, but when we tested them in the lab, we found that they were just the standard “red” and “blue” LED’s. While these standard LED’s are much cheaper to produce, they simply do not produce the results that are possible.
The manufacturer of the “standard” LED UFO did not want to work with us. They had no interest in producing a special unit for us, as they just wanted to sell the same old thing, over and over, making a bunch of cash, but providing sub-standard results. They actually just wanted to produce the standard units cheaper, so they could sell more and make more money.
We decided to contract a specialty lighting manufacturer to produce our own LED UFO unit. After a long and expensive search we found an LED supplier for these specialty spectrums, which are not at all the industry standards. Over the last 18 months, we tested over 12 different combinations of LED manufacturers and spectrums to see what worked the best. With many failures and successes we had prototypes ready for testing. After many prototypes and testing samples, we have created the G3 LED UFO. This Generation3 unit blew away the other LED UFO’s in our testing. We classify the G3 LED UFO as a “3-band” unit since it uses 3 different LED modules, but it is actually more than this, as the third LED unit we include is a special LED unit which is a Wide Spectrum LED. This produces an output range unmatched by all other units, providing “light nourishment” in nm spectrums that the others miss. We found that adding other orange spectrums did little to nothing for production. But, when we added the Wide Spectrum LED, plant growth was significantly increased.G3 LED UFO INFO:Why use our G3 LED UFO GROW LIGHT to grow plants?
Up to now the only popular choice for indoor growers has been Sodium (HPS) or Halide (MH) lights which both produce a very wide band of lighting. However less than 10% of a Sodium or Halide lamps output is actually used by the plant.
With the advent of LED lighting, we can custom tailor the output of the lamp to match exactly the band of light required for Chlorophyll production!What does all this mean?
This means that almost 100% of the power input for our LED GROW LIGHT is used for plant production.Here are some of the benefits of lower heat levels:
- No HEAT SIGNATURE detectable by infrared cameras.
- Less heat means lower grow room temperatures and lower humidity, making controlling the micro-environment of your grow room easier to maintain properly
- No high temperature lights to worry about. No hot light bulbs or cumbersome, heavy and hot ballast enclosures either.
The concept behind the G3 LED GROW LIGHT is simple – it uses highly efficient 2 watt LED’s, which are the very specialized exact spectrums required for photosynthesis. The 2 watt LED use wide angle directional bulbs for a wide area of coverage. The 2 watt LED is one of the most efficient light sources in the world. By using only the spectrums required for plant growth, no light is wasted generating spectrums of light that do nothing for a plants growth – such as green light. Also the directional LED’s ensure 100% of the light is pointed downwards – they do not rely upon reflective materials to direct the light.
The G3 LED GROW LIGHT can be used by itself for all cycles of plant growth (covers approximately 9-25 square feet or a 3'x3' to 5’x5’ area, same as a 400w HPS system). It can also be combined with fluorescent, H.I.D. (HPS,MH) lighting as well. It's perfect for indoor growers who want a low heat/high output system that uses very little electricity. L.E.D.'s are the future of grow lights available today!G3 LED UFO GROW LIGHT Features:
- The G3 LED UFO GROW LIGHT does not require a ballast and simply plugs into any standard household outlet.
- The G3 LED UFO GROW LIGHT is manufactured using long life LED lights. These lights have a rated life of over 100,000 hours (there are 8,760 hours in a year).
- The power use of the G3 LED UFO GROW LIGHT is approximately 90 watts each.
- The G3 LEDs are nearly 100% efficient at plant growth! This is 10 times the efficiency of a Sodium or Halide light!
- Greatly reduced power consumption (uses only 90 watts!), over a year’s time, this will reduce power bills by hundreds of dollars when compared to a 400 watt HID system.
- Less Heat Generated (very little heat, and what little heat it does generate is dissipated by built-in fan) Drastically reducing your cooling costs, saving even more money.
- G3 Technology, with special full spectrum output. LED Diodes operate at a 90 degree angle.
- Plugs into a standard household outlet
- Environmentally friendly, no hazardous components.
- Low weight, only 6 pounds.
- Low Profile: 10.5" diameter and 2.5" deep
- Uses only 90 watts but has the output equal to a 400 watt High Pressure Sodium System!
- Built-In Cooling Fan
- 80,000 hour life expectancy
- The G3 LED GROW LIGHT comes with its own 6' Grounded Power Cord!
The G3 LED GROW LIGHT is the most revolutionary plant lighting product since the invention of the High Intensity Discharge (H.I.D.) lamp and ballast. Consuming only 90 watts of power and producing virtually no heat, the G3 LED GROW LIGHT boasts light intensity and growth rates exceeding that of a 400W HPS.
Light Emitting Diode (L.E.D.) technology is the absolute newest technology in plant growth! These lights represent the cutting edge of horticultural lighting. LED lights are currently being used by NASA for growing plants in outer space!