AgroStar 250w HPS Ballast
The AgroStar 250 Watt High Pressure Sodium ballast is manufactured by High Yield Lighting, a leading manufacturer of horticultural lighting fixtures and bulbs. It features high-quality components as well as an efficient design to ensure optimal performance in the indoor garden.
- Electrical: 250 watts | 2.08 amps @ 120v
- Universal-type socket receptacle
- Operates 250w HPS and MH Conversion bulbs
- Includes hard-wired 10' grounded power cord
- UL Listed for safety
Agrostar 250 Watt HPS Ballast Features
The ballast is housed in a remote, steel ballast enclosure and features an innovative “thermal chimney“. The “thermal chimney” actually separates the box into two sections – one for the ballast and the other for the components – igniter and capacitor. The “thermal chimney” keeps the components cooler by not allowing heat from the ballast to reach them. It is a thermal protective barrier between the ballast and the components. The result is a cooler running unit with longer component and ballast lifespan. This ballast and housing are built to last. The innovative “thermal chimney” allows for effective cooling without the use of air vents and open ports inherent in other systems that allow for dirt, dust and water to contaminate the ballast system.
- Key Hole Brackets on both the handle and bottom of unit for either ceiling or wall mounting
- 10′ grounded power cord for use with standard household outlets
- Internal Rubber ballast insulators and Rubber Feet for electrical protection and WHISPER QUIET OPERATION