FoxFarm Original Planting Mix
Don’t treat your soil like dirt!
Our Original Planting Mix is a blend of soil amendments such as aged forest products, sphagnum peat moss, and earthworm castings. Use our Original Planting Mix for all your gardening projects. The aged forest products and peat moss in FoxFarm Original Planting Mix may make it more effective at holding moisture around the roots of plants. In turn, this may help you obtain glorious gardening results and save water at the same time.
How to Use:
- Till a 3-6 inch (7.5-15 cm) layer of Original Planting Mix to a depth of 8-12 (20-30 cm) inches.
- Water thoroughly after planting.
- For best results, feed your plants with FoxFarm fertilizer products during growth and bloom seasons.
- Amend existing soil with composted organic matter.
- Fill the top 8-12 inches (20-30 cm) of garden bed with Original Planting Mix.
- Top dress a 3-inch (7.5 cm) layer of Original Planting Mix around existing plants and carefully work into the soil.
TREES, SHRUBS, AND ROSES:
- Dig a hole 2-3 times the size of the root ball.
- Layer Original Planting Mix at the bottom of the new hole.
- Center transplant in the hole at correct height.
- Pack remaining space around plant with 1/2 native soil and 1/2 Original Planting Mix. Water thoroughly.
Use FoxFarm fertilizers & liquid plant food concentrates in conjunction with our soil mixes.