T5 fixtures are fast becoming the preferred lighting systems for many plant growers. They are bright enough to grow all types of plants. They are very versatile and can be used as seed starters/propagation lighting and as a full term light taking your plants from beginning to end. Safe and cool, these lights do not have a hot, single blinding point of light like H.I.D. lights and are safely used in schools or other environments where H.I.D.’s are undesirable.
T5 fixtures can also supplement existing H.I.D. systems providing needed light spectrums that the H.I.D. bulbs lack. Examples are to add “cool” blue spectrum T5 light to gardens using High Pressure Sodium’s orange/red spectrum or add “warm” red spectrum T5 light to supplement Metal Halide’s blue/white spectrum. You may also choose to use T5 lights as side lighting for your plants to help them fill out better underneath their top canopy.
About the fixture:
- Low Profile – 2.5″ deep!
- Four 2′ High Output T5 Bulbs Included
- Overall Dimensions: 14 3/4″ Wide x 24 3/8″ Long x 2 1/4″ Deep
- F24T5HO High Output bulbs have extremely high lumen per watt rating – 2,000 lumens per bulb!
- This system emits an impressive 8,000 lumens!
- T5 bulbs are available in different light spectrums to allow for customization of light spectrum.
- Please see options below for different lamp choices for this fixture
- Lamps emit very little heat, allowing you to hang the fixture very close to the plant canopy.
- T5 bulbs have an outstanding 24,000 hour life expectancy (one year is 8,760 hours) and unlike sodium or halide bulbs, a T5 loses very little of its’ light output over its’ life.
- Solid State Electronic Ballast emit very low heat and is virtually SILENT.
- Electronic Ballast operates on standard Household Current (120v)
- Innovative Design has ballast placed beside lamps, not above lamps, allowing them to run cooler and last longer
- Sleek Design and Attractive Finish make this the best looking T5 fixture on the market!
- Top Quality Highly Reflective 95%+ polished Aluminum Reflector for Maximum Light Output, unlike competitions unpolished “tin” type reflector.
- Locking Lamp Sockets hold lamps in place properly and will not allow for the lamps to fall out.
- Convenient On/Off Switch
- Lightweight and Easy to Hang
- Cable Hangers included with every light
What are T5 Fluorescents and why are they so popular for growing plants?
Fluorescent Lamp technology has become very efficient in converting energy into light output in recent years. We are now seeing a higher watt to light output ratio from the T5 fluorescent than is experienced using High-Intensity Discharge (H.I.D.) systems like Metal Halide. Each four foot T5 lamp produces an amazing 5,000 lumens per bulb! This is incredibly bright and represents a huge leap for fluorescent technology. Antiquated T12 fluorescents (your standard “shop-light” fixture) and the popular T8 fluorescents emit around 2,600-3,000 lumens per 4′ bulb. T5 Fluorescent’s light output is even higher than Metal Halide’s intense bright light as Metal Halide bulbs produce around 80 lumens per watt. T12 fluorescents emit around 65 lumens per watt and the T8 fluorescents emit about 81 lumens per watt. Compare that to the T5’s outstanding 92 lumen per watt ratio and you now see why T5’s are truly the next generation in grow lights. Metal Halide and T12 and T8 lamps can lose as much as 50% of their initial light output over the life of the bulb. So without regularly changing your halide/sodium bulbs, your plants could be growing at “half speed”. T5 fluorescent bulbs also hold their lumens longer than Metal Halide /High-Pressure Sodium and other fluorescent bulbs meaning they stay brighter longer. This means you can be assured your plants are receiving the proper amount of light over the lamps life.
WARRANTY: This fixture comes with a 5 year warranty on the ballast and electrical components and a 1 year warranty on the lamps.
There are no reviews yet.