HOW TO TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS COMPLETE ONLINE COURSE!
Plant tissue culture is taking over the cultivation industry as one of the most effective and sustainable methods of plant propagation. It may seem intimidating, but any grower can do it. You don’t need a college degree or a lot of money, just the right knowhow and supplies!
The Shoots n’ Roots complete online course will teach you everything you need to know to start tissue culturing your favorite plants, including tissue culture methods, procedures, and supplies. Learn at your own pace with 69 individual lessons including in-depth videos and downloadable content. You’ll also have access to expert support from the Shoots n’ Roots team to help with your questions!
Benefits of Tissue Culture
- Virus, viroid, disease, & pest eradication
- Genetic storage
- Lowest possible risk of plant infection
- Reduced input costs vs. labor, water, electricity, nutrients, and operational real estate for mother-plant upkeep
- Compounding replication of propagules (clones) – 1 explant to 2, 2 to 4, 4 to 8, etc. – provides much quicker propagation over time.
- Full plant tissue culture online course
- 69 ‘learn at your own pace’ narrated lessons including media preparation, aseptic technique, nodal culture, meristemic culture, troubleshooting and more
- In-depth demo videos for each major technique
- Downloadable content including full equipment lists, protocols, and R&D sheets
- Additional support from Shoots n’ Roots Experts
ABOUT SHOOTS N’ ROOTS
Shoots n’ Roots started with the idea that whether you’re a large or small scale facility, caregiver, or a grower who just takes pride in their craft, you don’t need a degree framed in mahogany on the wall, and an adsorbent amount of money to learn, operate, and scale a successful plant tissue culture operation efficiently.
Other introductory classes offer the basics to get started, but when problems arise in the field, courses and educators have fallen short on equipping students with the necessary information needed to diagnose and troubleshoot an array of issues that plants growing in-vitro (Latin for “within the glass”) are prone to be inflicted with.
Without the proper knowledge and solutions, R&D is curtailed, operations come to a halt, time and money is lost subsequently leaving labs unsure on what to do next. Our founder recognized these faults with the education within the industry and from that, Shoots n’ Roots Labs was born.
TOPICS YOU WILL LEARN
- The equipment required for a tissue culture lab and how to properly use them.
- All proper protocols to follow when working in a tissue culture lab and when working with plant material.
- An understanding of what media is and how to make it.
- When, how, and why to add additives to media.
- How to screen plants for viruses, diseases, and poor performance.
- How to perform nodal & meristematic culture.
- How to store genetics for long & short term storage.
- An understanding of optimal environmental conditions for cultured plants.
- How to troubleshoot issues that arise in culture.
ANY GROWER CAN LEARN HOW TO TISSUE CULTURE PLANTS
As Michigan’s first cannabis tissue culture educational institution, Shoots n’ Roots is Michigan’s gold standard in educating those who are looking to start, become educated, or hone an already existing skillset in the world of cannabis tissue culture.
Whether investing in our Online/In-person classes or our facility consultation package, students will become knowledgeable in proper protocol, technique, equipment, and troubleshooting when it comes to operating a cannabis tissue culture operation.
Once completed, students will come out at the end of class more than equipped to handle workflow, R&D, and any issues that may arise in their lab, to ensure peak performance.