About Hydroponic Systems
Every hydroponic garden is different. You can use the same seeds, nutrients and lighting setups as any other grower and still have a unique growing experience with a different setup. Your ideal hydroponic system will depend on your space, maintenance and yield needs. At HTG Supply, we have an extensive range of options for your perfect grow room.
HTG Supply carries several different hydroponic systems including DWC Deep Water Culture, Ebb and Flow Hydroponics/ Ebb and Grow Hydroponics, Flood and Drain systems, Aeroponics, Bubbleponics, Hydroponic Drip Systems, Waterfarms, EZCloner, Clone buckets and much more.
Types of Hydroponic Growing Systems
The type of system you choose will change how you feed, water and harvest your plants. Each hydroponics method has unique advantages, so you may have to consider your grow room size, priorities and plant types to make a decision. At HTG Supply, we make hydroponic growing simple with many options for ready-to-use systems or individual parts.
Before you begin, it's important to know what each method can do for your grow room and how it works. We provide the following types of hydroponic systems:
- Ebb and flow: Ebb and Flow / Big Boy hydroponic systems are easy-to-use kits that periodically pump a solution of hydroponic nutrients directly to the plant roots and drain it back to a reservoir. Also known as a flood and drain system, this hydroponic method can accommodate anything from a single flood table to multiple buckets or planting sites.
- Deep water culture: Deep water culture (DWC) systems suspend your plants' roots in a continuously aerated nutrient solution so they can grow effectively. This method provides excellent control of the grow system's water and nutrient levels.
- Nutrient film technique: This system is usually used in commercial or large-scale grow rooms. The nutrient film technique (NFT) feeds your plants through an angled bed of up to 36 channels. Your nutrient solution will flow through the tray to feed each seed enough to grow and bloom.
- Bucket systems: Bucket systems are smaller versions of DWC or ebb and flow methods. Each bucket has enough space for your nutrient solution and ample room for root growth. We provide this hydroponic method in many sizes, from a single vessel to a 18-bucket system.
- Small hydro systems: The cheapest hydroponic system will naturally be the smallest, so we offer beginner options. Small hydro systems are the small-scale version of DWC, ebb and flow or bucket methods so you can create more controlled yields.
Aeroponic Hydroponic Systems
Aeroponic hydroponic kits use sprayers to deliver an oxygen infused nutrient solution directly to the root zone for dynamic growth. Deep Water Culture and Bubbleponics bathe the root zone in a highly oxygenated nutrient solution while Drip systems and Waterfarms provide a constant drip of nutrient solution. Aeroponics differ from these because it leaves the roots exposed.
Some growers choose aeroponics to harvest plants that need a lot of oxygen. Many hydroponic growers will use air pumps or stones to create oxygen in their water supply — aeroponics avoids this process. Instead, growers leave the plants' roots exposed inside of the container and use nutrient-infused water spray to hydrate and feed. A common use of aeroponics is also plant cloning.
Hydroponic Cloning Systems
Cloning systems allow you to produce exact replicas of another plant for easy growing without needing seeds. Hydroponics is a standard method for large-scale plant cloning that can produce exact results. Each type of hydroponic system can be easy and will produce huge yields not typically possible with traditional gardening methods.
Hydroponic growing and cloning support your seedlings from start to finish and use less water than other systems. Growing your clones in a hydroponic garden can give you the control you need to create excellent results. Take the guesswork out of growing and purchase one of our ready made hydroponic gardening kits to make hydroponic growing easy.
Start Growing With Hydroponic Systems From HTG Supply
Change the way you grow with a hydroponic system built for your needs. A hydroponic garden creates excellent results with the right nutrients, grow mediums and water filters. Start your growing process and choose the hydro system right for you.
If you are more knowledgeable and want to assemble your own hydroponic kit we have all the supplies and equipment needed for a do-it-yourself project. HTG Supply can help you assemble any type of hydroponic system that best fits your needs. If you need assistance please contact us or visit one of our many retail locations.