RedRock Stone Wool 6″ Grow Slabs
High-density material offers ample support and water retention for plants of any size, and ensures that the slabs will maintain their shape during handling. Sterile, UV-blocking wrapper protects roots and fits tightly to keep water and nutrients in their root zone. Specially-developed wetting agent provides efficient, uniform saturation and optimized nutrient uptake with a water holding capacity of 80-90%. Pre-cut squares ensure perfectly uniform, repeatable spacing for grow blocks-no measuring or guesswork required. RedRock Blocks, Slabs, and Plugs are manufactured from at least 70% recycled material.
Specifications and Packaging:
- Moisture Retention: Stone wool has high moisture retention.
- Nutrient Content: Holds hydroponic nutrients post-hydration.
- Oxygen Availability: High-If allowed to drain the material allows for excellent oxygen to roots.
- pH and EC: High. pH can become very basic pH testing should be done periodically.
- Durability: High. Does not decompose.
- Areas of use: Hydroponic systems (floor and drain)
- Crops: Supports multiple crop types through the entire growth cycle.
- Upcycling: Can be sterilised and reused for couple of seasons, or shredded and used as soil conditioner.
RedRock Grow Slab – 90 x 15 x 7.5 cm – 36-Inch x 6-Inch x 3-Inch (16/Cs) (16 Cs/Plt)
- 16 Cases/Pallet (192 slabs)
How to Use:
- RedRock slabs are ultra-durable and made from premium material, but they should still be handled with care; Always keep mineral wool dry until use.
- Place the slabs in your grow trays and spray down the mineral wool with nutrient solution through the pre-cut squares until saturated. Let them soak without draining for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When you’re ready for planting, cut drainage slits in the bottom of the slabs to prevent over-watering, then place your plants’ grow blocks directly onto the pre-cut squares.
- As your fertigation system circulates nutrients and water to your plants, RedRock’s specialized wetting agent will deliver it evenly throughout your plants’ root zone.