AgroMax 730 nm LED Far-Red Growspot
Boost yields and cut down on production timeframes with the AgroMax 730nm LED Far-Red Growspot. The Far-Red Growspot delivers the same amazing supplemental lighting technology used in today’s most advanced indoor growing operations at a price that fits any indoor garden budget. Proper application of far red supplemental light can provide the ability to extend daylight periods for more growth or shorten the night cycle for faster harvests. Small enough for use in virtually any growing space yet strong enough to deliver real results, the 730nm LED Growspot is a perfect far red supplemental lighting solution.
Specs & Features:
- Power: 16 watts / 120v (.13 amps), 50-60 Hz
- Measures: 5.25″long x 4.75″ diameter
- Precise 730nm / far red output
- 60° lens angle
- Operational temperature: 0°-110°F
- 50,000-hr avg. lifespan
Far Red Science – How it Works
- Exposure to red light (660nm) converts the chromoprotein to the functional or active form (Pfr), while darkness or exposure to far-red light (730nm) converts the chromophore to the inactive form (Pr).
- Plants grow toward sunlight because the red light from the sun converts the chromoprotein into the active form (Pfr), which triggers plant growth. Plants in shade grow slowly because the inactive form (Pr) is produced.
- Plants regulate photoperiodism by measuring the Pfr/Pr ratio at dawn, which then stimulates physiological processes for that day such as flowering, setting buds, and vegetative growth.
- Introducing far-red light after the lights have been turned off can shorten the number of hours needed in the night cycle to stimulate the flowering process.