Grodan Rockwool Grow Chunks – 2 Cubic Feet Bag
A larger alternative to the Grodan Grow Cubes, the Grodan Grow Chunks are super versatile and retain 10x more moisture and nutrients than your standard grow medium. Each chunk is made with Rockwool, a growing substrate made from spun basalt rock known for its lightweight and super absorbent properties. Grodan Grow Chunks can be used alone for seedlings and younger plants or paired with other soil or soilless grow mediums to promote root aeration and nutrient uptake.
- Compatible with all grow media and irrigation systems
- Light and versatile
- Size: 3/4" chunks - 2 cu. ft. bag
Only 2 left in stock
Grodan Rockwool Grow Chunks
Grodan Grow-Chunks is a larger-size alternative to Grodan Grow-Cubes. The increased volume of Grow-Chunks means they can hold onto moisture and nutrients longer than Grow-Cubes so you don’t have to irrigate as often. Just like Grodan Grow-Cubes and Grodan Gro-Wool, Grodan Grow-Chunks can be mixed with other media and can be used with any type of irrigation system.
Grow-Chunks are incredibly versatile and can be used in many ways:
- Use Grow-Chunks to maximize the cultivation capacity of breathable fabric pots. A 3-gallon fabric pot filled with Grow-Chunks is cable of supporting much larger plants than other soilless mixes.
- Increase the water holding capacity of a soil-based or soilless potting mix so plants are more able to withstand summertime heat extremes.
- Support the propagation and early vegetative development of young plants in net baskets filled with Grodan Grow-Chunks before transplanting into an active hydroponics system (g. ebb and flow, water culture, NFT).
- When mixed with non-restrictive media (g. expanded clay balls) a very desirable blend of root aeration and homogenous moisture content can be achieved for extremely vigorous growth and bloom.
- Lightweight — approximately 1/10 of the weight of a bag of potting soil.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.