Hanna GroLine Waterproof Portable Meter
The HI9814 portable meter features a large multi-level LCD that displays both pH, EC, or TDS and temperature readings simultaneously. The pH readings are displayed with a 0.01 resolution and an accuracy of +/-0.05 pH while the EC and TDS readings are displayed with a 0.01 mS/cm and 10 ppm (mg/L) resolution and 2% full-scale accuracy. The EC range of the HI9814 is from 0.01 to 6.00 mS/cm and TDS is from 0 to 3000 ppm using the 0.5 conversion factor. The EC to TDS conversion factor is selectable 0.5 (500) and 0.7 (700 ppm).
A built-in temperature sensor allows for automatic temperature-compensated measurements of EC and TDS. The HI9814 has many advanced features that are found in more expensive portable instrumentation including automatic calibration, buffer/standard recognition, and temperature compensation. The LCD screen has indicators for calibration status and stability, as well as on-screen tutorial messages. The battery percent level is displayed at startup alerting the user to the remaining battery power that is available. The supplied HI1285-7 is a polypropylene body, amplified pH electrode with built-in EC/TDS and temperature sensors. The amplifier for the pH electrode prevents interference from humidity and sources of electrical noise include circulating pumps, motors, and ballasts for grow lights. The HI9814 is a versatile meter designed for hydroponics, greenhouse, and agriculture applications.
One or two-point pH calibration is automatic to a pre-programmed buffer set (4.01, 7.01, and 10.01) or single-point pH and EC calibration with the Hanna Quick Cal calibration solution. To perform a quick cal calibration, simply press and hold the left power/mode button while in measurement mode for three seconds and let go to enter calibration mode. Once both pH and EC are calibrated “CAL OK” is displayed and the meter returns to measurement mode.
The HI9814 is supplied with an amplified polypropylene body pH/EC/TDS/temperature probe. The built-in amplifier will reduce the effects of electrical noise on the high impedance-pH measurement. Examples of sources of electrical noise include circulating pumps, motors, and ballasts for grow lights.
- pH electrode – Preamplified for resistance to electrical noise including that generated by pumps and ballast
- EC/TDS sensor – amperometric two-pole design
- Temperature – NTC sensor for accurate temperature measurement and compensation
- 3 sensors in a single probe
Designed to withstand the humidity of a growing environment
- Wide pH Range – pH range is from 0.00 to 14.00 pH. Selectable EC to TDS conversion factor
- Choice of either a 0.5 or 0.7 conversion factor – 0.5 (500 CF) conversion factor is for an EC reading of 1000 μS/cm = 500 ppm. 0.7 (700 CF) conversion factor is for an EC reading of 1000 μS/cm = 700 ppm
- Automatic Temperature Compensation – All readings are compensated for variations in temperature. Temperature displayed in C or F along with pH, EC, or TDS reading.
- Stability indicator – The meter displays a clock tag that will disappear when the reading has achieved stability
- HOLD button – Freezes reading on the display to allow recording of measurement
- BEPS (Battery Error Prevention System) – Meter will automatically shut off if there is not enough power to get an accurate measurement
- Battery % level at startup – Low Battery Indicator. When the level is below 5%, the battery symbol on the LCD blinks to indicate a low battery condition.
- Auto-off – A selectable time before meter will automatically shut off to conserve battery life. Options are after 8 minutes, 60 minutes, or disabled.
Warranty: 2 years (probe 6 months)