HORTILUX Double Ended HPS
EYE HORTILUX Double Ended (DE) High Pressure Sodium grow lamps have been tested for thousands of hours to ensure you are receiving a quality and reliable lamp which will operate with consistent performance on the most popular DE electronic ballasts. Double Ended (DE) HPS grow lamps produce higher intensities of light due to the design, construction and internal pressures of the arc tube (light generating source) and are typically used by commercial growers with large spaces and high ceilings. The physical design and shape of the DE grow bulb provides a consistent positioning of the light source allowing reflector manufacturers to optimize the focus and footprint of light over the plant canopy.
PLEASE READ DIRECTIONS BEFORE INSTALLING YOUR NEW EYE HORTILUX DE HPS.
Produces higher yields than single-ended HPS lamps
Reduces lamp replacement costs
Maintains results through multiple growth cycles
Better spectral balance for increased plant response and accelerated growth
Outperforms competitive DE lamps in plant quality and yield
Exclusive EYE HORTILUX spectrum
Compatible with e-ballasts that operate at or above 100 kHz
Unique Twin Coil Suspension™ (TCS™) support frame allows for expansion and contraction of the arc tube during operation*
Patent-pending lead wire design provides safer, more reliable connection within DE sockets
Provides 1950 μmol when operated at 1000w
Provides 2100 μmol when operated at 1150w
Meets federal EPA standards as non-hazardous waste
Glove included with lamp for safe handling
High Quality You Expect from EYE HORTILUX
The only DE lamp designed and manufactured in the USA.
Each lamp is operated and tested for consistent operating voltage before being packaged.
EYE HORTILUX DE lamps were life-tested thousands of hours to ensure quality and reliability.
Full one-year manufacturer warranty from the date of purchase
Do NOT handle lamp with bare hands. Use protective glove included in packaging.
Follow installation instructions printed inside the packaging or listed below.
For best performance, power EYE HORTILUX HPS DE with EYE HORTILUX electronic ballasts.
Do NOT power EYE HORTILUX DE HPS with electronic ballasts operating below 100 kHz. Premature lamp failure can result.
- Lamp operates in a horizontal burning position.
- Must start 1000W DE lamp at 1000 watt setting.
- Do NOT air cool the lamp. Reduced light output will occur.
- Overdriving the lamp can cause a rapid drop in intensity over time and/or premature lamp failure
- IMPORTANT: PUT ON GLOVE. DO NOT TOUCH EYE HORTILUX DE LAMP WITH BARE HANDS. The outer jacket is made of quartz glass and cannot be touched like regular single-ended lamps. Doing so weakens the quartz and can cause lamp failure over time.
- Install the lamp by positioning the “Pinch Area” horizontally (NOT vertically) while inserting the “Lead Wires” between the slots in each socket. DO NOT BEND THE WIRES!
- After the “Lead Wires” have been placed in the sockets, the lamp should be sitting with one end on TOP of the silver socket springs and the other end in FRONT of the springs.
- Gently push down the “Pinch Area” that was placed on top of the silver socket springs until it is securely in place.
CAUTION: Do not push too hard as you may break or chip the glass, which can cause lamp failure!!!
- Very forcefully slide each socket inward all the way until it clicks into place, making sure it is fully closed with no gap visible.
CAUTION: Failure to completely close and lock sockets in place can cause arcing within the socket and fire damage.
Meets Federal EPA standards as non-hazardous
Meets Toxicity Characteristic Leaching Procedure (TCLP) test criteria as non-hazardous waste
|Name||EYE HORTILUX 1000w Double-Ended (DE) HPS Lamp|
|Fixture Requirement||Open Rated|
|Warm-Up Time||5 Minutes|
|Hot Re-Strike Time||15 Minutes|